BD Difco™ Yeast Nitrogen Base without Amino Acids and Ammonium Sulfate
Used in molecular genetics for classifying yeasts based on carbon and nitrogen requirements. BD™ Difco™ Yeast Nitrogen Base without Amino Acids and Ammonium Sulfate is prepared according to the formulas of Wickerham.
Brand: BD 233520
Additional Details : CAS : 7783-20-2 Weight : 0.13500kg
Media with Yeast Nitrogen Base without Amino Acids and Ammonium Sulfate are included in many applications for the study of yeasts in molecular genetics. Yeasts are unicellular, eukaryotic, budding cells that are generally round-to-oval or elongate in shape. They multiply principally by the production of blastoconidia (buds). Yeast colonies are moist and creamy or glabrous to membranous in texture. Yeasts are considered opportunistic pathogens.
- Contains all essential nutrients and vitamins necessary for the cultivation of yeasts and a source of nitrogen and carbohydrate
- Lacks the amino acids histidine, methionine and tryptophan and ammonium sulfate
- Prepared according to Guenter’s modification of Wickerham’s Yeast Nitrogen Base formulation
- Displays a good cultural response to Kloeckera apiculata 9774 and Saccharomyces cerevisiae 9080
- pH (0.17% solution, 25°C): 4.5 ± 0.2
|For classifying Yeasts based on colonial characteristics and cell morphology|
|Yeast Nitrogen Base|
|Approximate Formula per Liter:
|Yeast Nitrogen base without Amino Acids and Ammonium Sulfate|
Safety and Handling
- Yeast Nitrogen Base w/o Amino Acids & Ammoni
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P270-Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P271-Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P321-Specific treatment (see on this label).
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P362+P364-Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P403+P233-Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : calcium chloride