Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ EDC, No-Weigh™ Format
Immobilize or conjugate proteins using 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodiimide (CAS 25952-53-8), a water-soluble, carboxyl-to-amine crosslinker.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 22980
Additional Details : CAS : 25952-53-8 Weight : 1.81440kg
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce EDC is a water-soluble carbodiimide crosslinker that activates carboxyl groups for spontaneous reaction with primary amines, enabling peptide immobilization and hapten-carrier protein conjugation.EDC is the abbreviation for 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)carbodiimide hydrochloride, a crosslinker that has been used in diverse applications such as forming amide bonds in peptide synthesis, attaching haptens to carrier proteins to form immunogens, labeling nucleic acids through 5Ãƒâ€ phosphate groups and creating amine-reactive NHS-esters of biomolecules. EDC reacts with a carboxyl to form an amine-reactive O-acylisourea intermediate. If this intermediate does not encounter an amine, it will hydrolyze and regenerate the carboxyl group. In the presence of N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide (Sulfo-NHS, Part No. 24510), EDC can be used to convert carboxyl groups to amine-reactive Sulfo-NHS esters.
- Zero-length crosslinker
- Numerous chemical conjugates can be synthesized via available –COOH and –NH2 groups
- Amide bond formed provides a neutral linkage, which is ideal for preparing peptides and antigens
- Adding Sulfo-NHS (Part No. 24510) enhances the coupling reaction at physiological pH conditions
- Reactive groups: carbodiimide
- Reactive toward: carboxyl and amino groups
Safety and Handling
- 1-ETHYL-3-(3-DIMETHYLAMINOPROPYL)CARBODIIMIDE. HCl (EDC)
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P312-Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/if you feel unwell.