Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Alkylating Reagents
Alkylating reagents provided in single-use, pre-weighed formats to streamline protein preparation workflows.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ A39271
Additional Details : CAS : 144-48-9 Weight : 0.05200kg Transport : UN number : 2811 Chem class : 6.1 Pack group : III
Thermo Scientific Pierce Iodoacetamide or Chloroacetamide are provided in a no-weigh format, where small amounts of reagent are pre-weighed and packaged for single use. This single-use format prevents the contamination and loss of reagent reactivity over time associated with repetitive opening and closing of a single vial. The format enables use of a fresh vial of reagent each time, and eliminates the hassle of weighing out small amounts of reagent.Alkylating reagents iodoacetamide and chloracetamide are sulfhydryl-reactive alkylating reagents used to block reduced cysteine residues for protein characterization and peptide mapping. Alkylation with iodoacetamide or chloracetamide after cysteine reduction results in the covalent addition of a carbamidomethyl group (57.07 Da) and prevents the formation of disulfide bonds. Reducing agents added after alkylation will react with excess iodoacetamide.
|30 x 9.3 mg|
|Iodoacetamide, No-Weigh™ Format|
Safety and Handling
- Pierce Iodoacetamide, No-Weigh Format
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- H301-Toxic if swallowed.
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P264-Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- P270-Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P272-Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/soap.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- P333+P313-If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P363-Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : 2-Iodoacetamide