Sartorius Hydrophobic Edged Nonsterile Cellulose Nitrate and Acetate Membrane Filters
The non-sterile membrane filters are made of cellulose nitrate (cellulose mixed ester), cellulose acetate or regenerated cellulose. They can be used for colony counting, particle testing and microscopy. Choose between gridded or non-gridded, membranes, either with or without hydrophobic edge.
Brand: Sartorius 13106--50------N
Additional Details : Weight : 0.10000kg Transport : UN number : 3270 Chem class : 4.1 Pack group : II
Hydrophobic edge membranes are used mainly for colony count and sterility testing of solutions containing substances with antibiotic characteristics. The hydrophobic edge avoids the penetration of any growth-inhibitory substance into the membrane clamp zone wherefrom it could not be rinsed out and the substance could inhibit microbial growth during incubation.
Membranes are available in three different materials:
- Cellulose nitrate (cellulose ester), a material which assures effective retention with high flow rates and optimum colony growth
- Cellulose acetate, a material which combines high flow rates and thermal stability with very low adsorption characteristics
- Regenerated Cellulose, a material which combines excellent chemical and thermal stability with very low adsorption characteristics
Safety and Handling
- X100 MBNE NC EDGE W/B 0,45µ 50MM
- Flammable solid Category 2
- H226-Flammable liquid and vapour.
- P102-Keep out of reach of children.
- P103-Read label before use.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : nitrocellulose